Why Choose Hospice?
In a recent National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization survey, 98% of caregivers who responded said they would recommend hospice care to others. This is why.
Blue Ridge Hospice offers:
• Our individualized, patient and family-centered care is based on the principles of comfort, dignity and choice.
• Our board certified hospice and palliative physicians and fully credentialed interdisciplinary teams of nurses, nursing assistants, chaplains, social workers, and counselors make house calls and are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so patients can receive professional medical, emotional, and spiritual support in the familiar comfort of their homes.
• Intensive around-the-clock care is available at the Blue Ridge Hospice Inpatient Care Center or where patients reside to manage pain and symptoms in crisis situations. Or patients can receive respite care so their caregivers can take a break.
• Our 600+ highly trained volunteers offer extra assistance and companionship to enhance comfort and peace.
• Our experienced bereavement counselors’ guide and support patients’ family and friends as they prepare for and cope with the death of someone important to them.
• We offer a large variety of grief support groups to help children; teens and adults work through the process of integrating grief into their lives at their own pace—whether or not their loved one was our patient.
• We provide educational resources and presentations on end-of-life matters that are tailored to meet specific individual or organizational needs.
• Blue Ridge Hospice is a nonprofit organization that is generously supported by our community, enabling terminally ill patients to receive care regardless of their ability to pay and extensive educational and grief support options for everyone in the community.