Careers at Blue Ridge Hospice
Blue Ridge Hospice has been the exclusive provider of licensed hospice care to people in a eight-county area since 1981. A private, non-profit, community-based organization, Blue Ridge Hospice is licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia and certified by Medicare/Medicaid to provide hospice and home heath services. We are accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Included in our services is a free-standing, 8-bed residential center.Our location near the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia offers a wide range of living choices, easy access to Washington, D.C., and all the amenities of the Northern Virginia Area including first-rate schools, cultural activities, and the pleasures of country and/or suburban environments.
Join Our Team!
For confidential consideration, please send completed employment application and/or resume with cover letter to:
Blue Ridge Hospice
Attn: Ellen Hicks
333 West Cork Street, Suite 405
Winchester, Virginia 22601
Voice: (800) 238-5678 or (540) 536-5210
Fax: (540) 504-7175
Blue Ridge Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
The following employment opportunities are available:
RN On Call - (Full Time)
- • Provides telephone triage symptom management and focused home visits
- • Requires the ability to drive throughout service area
- • Willingness to work either evening or night shift & rotating weekends
- • Current RN state license required with a minimum of 2 years acute care experience
- • Previous hospice experienced preferred
- • Must have excellent assessment and problem solving skills
- • Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team setting
- • Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer
Thrift Store Associate – PRN (under 20 hours per week)
- • Harrisonburg, Front Royal and Winchester East locations
- • Prior retail experience required
- • Must demonstrate merchandising skills/experience
- • Must possess excellent customer service skills
- • Requires prior experience with cash handling and opening & closing stores
- • Position will include sorting & pricing and requires evening hours and weekends
- • Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
Reliable transportation required. Background check and drug testing required at time of hire.
Blue Ridge Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer