Careers at Blue Ridge Hospice
Blue Ridge Hospice has been the exclusive provider of licensed hospice care to people in a eight-county area since 1981. A private, non-profit, community-based organization, Blue Ridge Hospice is licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia and certified by Medicare/Medicaid to provide hospice and home heath services. We are accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Included in our services is a free-standing, 8-bed residential center.Our location near the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia offers a wide range of living choices, easy access to Washington, D.C., and all the amenities of the Northern Virginia Area including first-rate schools, cultural activities, and the pleasures of country and/or suburban environments.
Join Our Team!
For confidential consideration, please send completed employment application and/or resume with cover letter to:
Blue Ridge Hospice
Attn: Ellen Hicks
333 West Cork Street, Suite 405
Winchester, Virginia 22601
Voice: (800) 238-5678 or (540) 536-5210
Fax: (540) 504-7175
Blue Ridge Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
The following employment opportunities are available:
Medical Director - Hospice and Palliative Care – Full Time
- •Provides inpatient and outpatient palliative consults
- •Provides hospice homecare patient visits
- •Participates in interdisciplinary hospice home care team meetings
- •Evaluation for hospice certification of terminal prognosis of patients, quality of initial plans of care and comprehensive plans of care, revocations, re-certification of terminal prognosis, quality of pain and symptom managemen
- •Ensures accurate documentation of patient care to support reimbursement for services provided
- •Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff and the organization
- •Participate in on-call rotation as needed
- •Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy licensed to practice medicine in the state of Virginia Board certification in a primary care specialty, Board certified, or eligible, in Hospice and Palliative care
- •Unrestricted narcotic DEA license
- •Proven track record with interdisciplinary teams, effectively establishing goals of care and building collaborative physician/patient/family relationships in addition to knowledge of hospice and palliative care, pain management and medical ethics preferred
- •Intermediate computer knowledge
- •Previous hospice and/or palliative care experience preferred
Nurse Practitioner Position - Full Time
- •Collaborates with the hospice home care and palliative care interdisciplinary teams
- •Provide palliative care and hospice homecare patient visits
- •Rotating on-call duties with physicians for week nights and weekends
- •Provides support and education to hospice interdisciplinary team
- •Master’s degree
- •Nurse Practitioner with a Virginia license
- •Prescriptive ability in the state of Virginia with a current DEA certificate
- •Minimum of 3 years of experience, preferably in palliative care, oncology, and/or hospice
- •Must have excellent assessment, diagnosis and treatment skills
- •Excellent communication skills
- •Self-directed, motivated, and highly organized
RN On Call - Part time
- •Current RN state license required with a minimum of 2 years acute care experience
- •Previous hospice experienced preferred
- •Must have excellent assessment and problem solving skills
- •Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team setting
- •Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer
- •Position provides telephone triage symptom management and focused in home visits
- •Requires ability to drive throughout Blue Ridge Hospice service area
- •Willingness to work either evening or night shift and rotating weekends
RN Assessment - Full time
- •Performs the assessment function for all clients and derives nursing diagnoses based on assessment data. Coordinates assessment visits with the Family Support Services Department.
- •Documents assessment and clinical information in electronic medical record.
- •Provides a full report of the Plan of Care to the team members utilizing voice care system.
- •As requested acts as liaison nurse with WMC and WMH, monitoring in-patients to ensure appropriate care and treatments are authorized by BRH until symptoms are controlled.
- •Shares responsibility for weekend rotation with team members.
- •RN License required. Graduate of an NLN accredited nursing program, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- •Position requires minimum of 2 years current acute care experience
Thrift Shop Associate, Harrisonburg - 1 Full Time (40 hrs) & 1 Part Time (24 hrs)
- •Prior retail experience required
- •Must demonstrate merchandising skills/experience
- •Must possess excellent customer service skills
- •Must have prior experience with cash handling and opening & closing stores
- •Position will include sorting & pricing
- •Position requires evening hours and weekends
- •Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
Warehouse Driver - Full Time
- •Picks up and delivers merchandise at various locations, including our 8 thrift shops
- •Heavy lifting up to 100 pounds on a regular basis
- •Must be able to operate a 18 ft and 27 ft box truck, CDL not required
- •Warehouse and fork lift experience
- •Recycling and sorting of merchandise
- •Loading and unloading of trucks
- •Some Saturdays required
- •Fast paced environment
Reliable transportation required. Background check and drug testing required at time of hire.
Blue Ridge Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer